By: Ana Serrano
Practicing exercise can be very appropriate to relieve back pain as long as we choose mild activities that do not force too much, such as stretching and the like.
Back pain is a common in our daily lives. From a bad posture to lifting weight incorrectly, through stress or the fact of suffering an injury can be causes of having to deal with this ailment. Luckily, there are some home remedies for back pain that can relieve the discomfort caused by back pain. However, if it is very strong you should go to the doctor in search of a professional opinion to verify its origin.
Point these home remedies against back pain
1. The cold and heat technique
- Place a few ice cubes on a towel until it reaches a fairly cold temperature
- Place it on the affected area and exert pressure for about 20 minutes
- Then, change to a towel dampened with hot water and let it act another 20 minutes
IMPORTANT: Keep in mind that it is important to know if back pain was caused by some type of injury, because heat could increase inflammation.
It will only take alcohol, rosemary oil or sandalwood. In order for the product to be better absorbed, it is advisable to clean the affected area. What will the massage do to us? It will help us release stress, strain the muscles, anesthetize the affected nerves and reduce inflammation.
For pregnant women, avoid rubbing with alcohol or rosemary oil, as they are contraindicated during the gestation period.
3. Horse chestnut infusion
A natural way to strengthen the back is with the infusion of horse chestnut (the classic chestnuts typical in the cold months), which we must take every day to achieve a better effect. Heat 200 ml of water and, when it boils, add 3 drops of horse chestnut extract.
4. Rosemary and vinegar
- 1 liter of water
- 1 cup vinegar (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons rosemary (20 g)
- Heat the water and, when it boils, add the vinegar and rosemary
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes
- Then strain the contents, wet a towel with the mixture and apply it on the affected area for about 10 minutes.
5. Sage infusion
The sage leaf has relaxing properties. To take advantage of them, it is recommended to drink three cups of an infusion a day. Thus, heat a liter of water and add 2 tablespoons of sage (20 g). Let the decoction be done for a few minutes, strain the contents and take it.