By: Ana Serrano
After a day full of stress at work, it is best to relax.
For this, massages are a good solution. In addition to relaxing you can relieve back and neck pain.
If you don’t feel like going to see a masseuse, you can use one of the following techniques:
1. Massage with acupressure.
You can massage the activation points that are connected to your back to receive some relief. There are many in your body, so, before starting this practice, consult a specialist. There are some points you can use to relax your neck, back or whole body.
- Take your time and do the massages when you are not in a hurry to do something else.
- Sit or lie in a comfortable position.
- Just relax. Take a deep breath and close your eyes.
- Pressing firmly and deeply, make small rotating movements up and down.
2. Relieve pain with a tennis ball.
Back pain can be due to numerous reasons that generally include excessive use of muscles and poor posture. To relieve the pain, you can try the massage with tennis balls.
- Lie on your back. Knees should be bent and feet on the floor.
- Lift your hips and place 2 tennis balls under your back.
- Stay still for 60 seconds.
- You can play by making movements with the tennis balls to be able to work different muscle areas and find different tension points.
- For example, you can move down and up. Be careful not to turn or press your spine on the tennis balls.
3. Get rid of neck and back pain with a hot towel.
For this massage you only need a towel. Warm it up and, while it is warm, use it to relieve pain in your back.
- Take a soft towel and rotate it in a thick braid shape.
- Place it behind your neck, holding one end in each hand.
- Rub up and down your neck, applying moderate pressure.
- You can repeat the treatment 2 to 3 times or more.